Hope those of you in the Northeast are enjoying your snow day. Got the fire on here in Central California, but the sky is blue.
Here are some defrosted midday news/views treats:
* Boehner re-elected Speaker with 25 dissenting Republican votes. Orange Man picked up both new GA wingnut members, Barry Loudermilk and Jody Hice.
* Digby profiles Rep. Daniel Webster, the guy who attracted the most non-Boehner GOP Speaker votes.
* Sirota reports Chris Christie (and Andrew Cuomo) pushed for big Port Authority contract for company partly owned by Christie’s football buddy Jerry Jones.
* Joni Ernst bombarded with big-time media requests, but chooses to keep low profile, or so her staff has successfully convinced the Des Moines Register to report.
* Grand juror’s letter could lead to reopening of Darren Wilson case.
And in non-political news:
* Iowans aren’t thinking about presidential politics right now; they’re all watching The Bachelor.
As we break for lunch, here’s Sandy Denny performing “Late November” on BBC in 1971.