I’m tagging along on a work trip my wife is taking tomorrow afternoon, so Charles Ellison will be back for guest blogging Friday and Monday (the MLK federal holiday). I’ll probably read Huck’s book on the flight, so it’s not going to be all fun and games.
Here are some midday news/views snacks from the pantry:
* Obama said to be confident Supremes won’t mess up Obamacare subsidies.
* FiveThirtyEight devises nifty matrix for figuring out which candidates are running for president and which are blowing smoke.
* House GOP “moderates” (clearly a relative term) said to be endangering passage of GOP bill to defund DACA.
* New study shows internet commenter misogyny even more pervasive than we thought.
* Print run of new issue of Charlie Hebdo raised to 5 million copies.
And in non-political news:
* Apple patent for wearable video camera sends GoPro’s stocks into a tailspin.
As we break for lunch, here’s Cracker again, with the ethnocentric love song “Eurotrash Girl.”