As has been my regular practice on the days of big evening events, I will take a blogging hiatus this afternoon before covering the SOTU Address and the reaction to it tonight. Also gives me a chance to catch a quick nap since I didn’t get home from traveling until crazy late last night.
Here are some midday news/views snacky snackies:
* ABC offers a summary of the SOTU stuff that’s already been leaked.
* David Frum claims Obama’s real target tonight will be Hillary Clinton, whose campaign message he will try to dictate.
* Daniel Gross notes that Obama’s tax proposals do not include attack on carried interest rule that benefits private equity managers so much.
* Santorum blaming legal as well as illegal immigration for stagnant wages. Guess he’s warming up for Steve King’s event next week.
* NBC/WSJ poll should put end to “Jeb Boom” perceptions; he’s significantly less popular with Republicans than Romney.
And in non-political news:
* J.C. Penney brings back its big print catalog five years after killing it.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Leadbelly, with “Gallows Pole.”