Interesting morning, eh? Started the day enjoying a Mitt-Jeb slugfest and then had to change gears. It’s one of those days when I wish I had the luxury of beginning to write about Noon EST.
Here are some post-Noon EST news/views treats:
* Halperin rewrite of his original, immensely misleading “insider” report on Mitt Romney’s intentions claims it was accurate Thursday night, but not Friday morning. Yeah, right.
* Know who whiffed on the Romney story worse than Mark Halperin? The Daily Beast.
* House GOP buys time by appointing troika “task force”–Ryan, Upton and Kline–to work on “Plan B” if Obamacare messed up by SCOTUS.
* Group of GOP senators led by Jerry Moran trying to revive interest in VA scandal.
* Obama FY 2016 budget to arrive on Monday; call for end to sequestration will draw most attention.
And in non-political news:
* Suge Knight arrested for suspicion of murder in hit-and-run; his attorneys say he was “fleeing for his life.”
As we break for lunch, here’s more Ruth Brown from the Apollo: “Mama, He Treats Your Daughter Mean.”