Tomorrow is the first of my mother’s birthdays since her death. I keep having to remind myself she’s gone. RIP, Joan Manning Alford.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Joe Biden to be out of the country when Bibi Netanyahu shows up in DC for speech to Congress.
* Jennifer Rubin promotes Rick Perry to the first tier of GOP presidential candidates.
* Greg Sargent supplies some fascinating quotes from Lincoln on the religious motives of those on both sides of the slavery issue.
* At Ten Miles Square, John Stoehr discusses the gap between GOP concerns about how they are perceived on the inequality issue and what they are prepared to do about it.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports on a Rutgers professor’s very poor defense for donor convicted of soliciting sex from an underaged girl.
And in non-political news:
* As expected, higher oil prices bad for consumers, good for energy stocks.
That’s it for Friday. D.R. Tucker and David Atkins will be in for Weekend Blogging. We’ll close today with one more Marley and the Wailers tune, the ever-memorable “Buffalo Soldier.”