After the driest January in a century or so, it’s raining on the central coast of California today and probably tomorrow.
Here are some toasty midday news/views snacks from the toaster oven:
* Jonathan Chait argues Obama’s made affordable child care the next great goal of American liberalism.
* MSNBC hits ratings slough; lineup changes very likely.
* Sirota reports Christie administration about to be hit with new federal corruption probe.
* At TNR, Elizabeth Stoker Bruenig notes Obama could have cited Bosnian and Rwandan atrocities as more recent examples of Christian behaving barbarically.
* Less than a week until the formal unveiling of your can’t miss gift for President’s Day.
And in non-political news:
* Airlines are not living up to their “wi-fi promises.” Tell me about it.
As we break for lunch, here’s Marley and the Wailers performing “No Woman, No Cry” in Boston in 1979.