So my favorite comment of the day on my new book has to be this:
— Steve Benen (@stevebenen) February 12, 2015
Coming from Brother Benen, the original Blogging Machine who set the frantic pace here, that’s high praise indeed.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Ashton Carter confirmed as SecDef by full Senate 93-5; “no” votes were Blunt, Boozman, Crapo, Kirk and Risch.
* At Religion Dispatches, Sarah Posner examines the split between Christian groups over Netanyahu’s speech to Congress. More about that tomorrow.
* Another ridiculous “liberals fear Scott Walker! piece, this one from Commentary’s Seth Mandel.
* The Iowa Republican‘s Craig Robertson, usually not much of a fan of Big Liberty, calls Rand Paul’s latest trip to the state “perfect.”
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman updates us on the GOP’s total inability to deal with the crisis they’ve created on DHS funding.
* At College Guide, Laura Bornfreund looks at the perilous status of early childhood education programs in the context of the effort to reauthorize ESEA.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Shipping companies lock out dockworkers at 29 West Coast ports after refusing to pay overtime for weekend and President’s Day holiday.
That’s it for Thursday. We’ll close with Ellen McIlwaine covering Stevie Wonder’s “Higher Ground.”