Hope those of you who are in the DC area are enjoying your “Snow Day” safely, assuming you got one. Strange way to spend Mardi Gras, though.
Here are some warm and dry midday news/views treats:
* At TNR, Christian Farias predicts challenge to Obama’s executive orders on immigration could reach SCOTUS “within weeks.”
* Graeme Wood’s take on the peculiarly apocalyptic religious world-view of IS is getting a lot of attention.
* Yahoo takes a look & listen at the social media staffer who’s making Rand Paul “troller-in-chief.”
* Jennifer Rubin takes surprisingly nasty shot at Chris Christie.
* Greg Sargent notes action by Texas judge on immigration not remotely enough to get congressional Republicans off the hook for shutdown threat.
And in non-political news:
* At least sixteen dead in Carnival trampling in Port-Au-Prince.
As we break for lunch, here’s Bonnie Raitt with Lowell George in their cover of “Can’t Find My Way Home,” recorded in 1972.