My Georgia Bulldogs men’s team has just about played itself out of a NCAA bid. If they don’t turn it around, I’ll have no rooting interest in March Madness yet again, becoming just another cold, ruthless gambler. [Joke!]
Here are some cold midday news/views treats fresh from the freezer:
* Krugman says Germans trying to produce Grexit, but ECB may not go along.
* Greg Sargent notes Democratic members of Congress not reflecting rank-and-file opinion in shying away from open repudiation of Netanyahu.
* Conversely, Harold Meyerson notes Bibi’s over-the-top identification with U.S. Republicans doesn’t respect Jewish-American views.
* Forgetting to use the usual code-words about “choice,” Fox News host comes right out and calls for abolition of public education.
And in non-political news:
* Two and a Half Men finally ending tonight. Wonderful.
As we break for lunch, here’s Smoky and the Miracles with “Tracks of My Tears.”