Carbo-loaded large bowl of pasta to generate energy for three-four hours of church meetings tonight. Yeah, I know that doesn’t work, but it sounded good when I was chowing down.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Looks like McConnell has gone all the way to asking Harry Reid for a “clean” DHS funding bill, but Reid says he’s waiting for word from John Boehner as to whether he’s on board. I think Reid wants the full humiliation more than anything else.
* McConnell gets called a “gutless wimp” at RedState.
* Villaraigosa announces he won’t run for Boxer’s Senate seat; a Kamala Harris cakewalk becoming pretty likely.
* At Ten Miles Square, John Patty goes deep on the internal dynamics of the McConnell/Boehner dance on DHS appropriations. Read this and you’ll be a day ahead of the events.
* At College Guide, Stephen Burd lashes the American Council on Education for seeking total freedom for for-profit colleges from the Obama administration’s efforts to make sure they don’t egregiously fleece students, parents and taxpayers.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Markets close on sharp high note after seers see hint by Yellen that Fed may postpone interest rate hikes.
That’s it for Tuesday. Let’s close with my favorite Nicky Hopkins contribution to the Rolling Stones: from the perpetually underrated Goats Head Soup, it’s “Can You Hear the Music?”