CPAC’s starting today! That should provide some fresh material if news lags, eh?
Here are some less carnivorous midday news/views treats:
* Boehner refuses to make any commitments on clean-funding bill for DHS, one of the conditions for Harry Reid to let it come to a vote in the Senate.
* Guardian‘s Spencer Ackerman breaks story on “black site” maintained by Chicago police for interrogations, not all of them terrorism-related.
* Just what GOPer need: Donald Trump signals seriousness about 2016 run by hiring Rick Santorum’s 2012 Iowa campaign manager.
* Latino Decisions‘ Matt Baretto allows as how Jeb Bush might be able to “rebuild brand” of GOP among minority voters if he can just get the nomination.
* TNR’s Rebecca Leber thinks environmentalists are over-reacting to Obama’s veto of Keystone XL Pipeline legislation, since he could still ultimately approve the project.
And in non-political news:
* What to do with those Radio Shack gift cards when they lose their value on March 6.
As we break for lunch, here’s one of my favorites from George Harrison’s post-Beatles career: a live performance of “Devil’s Radio,” from Cloud Nine, with Clapton on guitar.