Finally received my 10 free copies of my book! No word on the movie rights, though.
Here are some end-of-the-month-sale midday news/views treats:
* Senate invokes cloture on “clean” DHS bill by 68-31 margin; all Dems plus 20 Republicans voted “yea.”
* Obama approval rating has drifted down from mid-February, with Gallup ratio down from 48/48 to 43/51.
* Franklin Graham tells Fox viewers Washington has been “infiltrated by Muslims.” Jesus wept, and not at the Muslims.
* At CPAC, St. Joan of the Tundra says America can, too, kill all its enemies, because we killed all the Nazis. Seriously.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman points out that George W. Bush showed all the toughness Republicans are now calling for, and look where it got us.
And in non-political news:
* Aaargh. Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock, for non-Trekkies) dies at 83.
As we break for lunch, we just have to post the video (actually a segment from the variety show Malibu U, which explains the cavorting Beach Hobbits) for the most famous track from Nimoy’s second album, Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy: “The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins.”