Busy day, eh? Aside from the DHS funding bill, wonder what other stuff is happening under cover of Bibimania?
While you’re pondering that question, here are some midday news/views treats:
* First real chink in HRC’s armor, I suspect: exclusive use of private email account during her tenure at State Department, which violates rules and good practice.
* Erick Erickson calls John Boehner a “coward” who’s decided to “fund President Obama’s amnesty.”
* Ben Carson sets up presidential exploratory committee.
* Former Senator John Danforth calls out MO GOP chairman for anti-semitism at funeral of state auditor who committed suicide after apparent smear campaign.
* Titan of old-school conservative journalism and author of the Young Americans for Freedom’s “Sharon Statement,” M. Stanton Evans, dies at 80.
And in non-political news:
* Oops! Bunch o’ hair extensions fall from Britney Spears’ head in mid-performance.
As we break for lunch, I’m not really into a second Dr. Hook tune, so here’s a very different Brittany (different spelling, too), with Alabama Shakes, performing “Don’t Want To Fight” in London just a couple weeks ago.