This is the dreaded “spring forward” weekend during which most of us lose an hour in the middle of the damn night, when nobody can do anything about it. Maybe my rural relatives had a point when they refused to acknowledge DST, calling standard time “God’s time.”
Here are some timely midday news/views treats:
* Oh, God: Matthew Continetti trashes Spock as emotionally impaired “peacenik” like Obama, at unbelievable length.
* Warm, wonderful Rep. Don Young suggests turning wolves loose could solve nation’s homelessness problem.
* Charlie Cook extends and updates his dubious but entertaining “Bracketology” approach to 2016 presidential race by suggesting Jeb, Huck, Paul and Walker likely “Final Four” in the GOP field.
* At TNR, Claire Grodon kinda wallows in Chris Christie’s misery.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman wonders when GOP presidential candidates will have to disappoint either Christian Right or business types by taking position on state “religious liberty” bills.
And in sorta non-political news:
* FTC orders company selling Snuggies to pay fines for hiding shipping and handling costs. Is nothing sacred?
As we break for lunch, here’s Furry Lewis again, with “When I Lay My Burden Down.” Wonderful guitar work.