Wow. Not only did Iowa State lose to 14th seeded UAB, but Baylor lost to 14th seeded Georgia State. Suspect this will create the most roundball excitement on the Concrete Campus of GSU since Lefty Driesell retired. And Big-12 off to a really bad 0-3 start in the tournament.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Senate Budget Committee matches the $96 billion in contingency funds for Pentagon that House defense hawks have been lobbying for.
* Turns out Steve Scalise skipped the Selma commemorations to attend posh AEI retreat on Sea Island. Says a lot.
* Obama signs another–gasp!–executive order requiring reduction in federal government’s greenhouse gas emissions.
* At TMS, Martin Longman thinks Bibi’s bad faith is changing positive assumptions about Israel in many corners of the US.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer looks at Yale Law School’s decision to flout spirit, if not necessarily letter, of federal student record disclosure laws.
And in non-political news:
* Winter’s not over til tomorrow, folks: another winter storm heads for northeast.
That’s it for Thursday. Let’s close with perhaps the Zombies’ greatest hit, recorded in 1968, set to a decidedly odd video focused on late-60s fashions: “Time of the Season:”