Funny how the human memory works. I had all but forgotten about War for years until I was eating at Ben’s Chili Bowl a decade or so ago and heard “Slipping Into Darkness” playing on what seemed to be an all-funk jukebox in the famous fast food joint. I was so transfixed that I almost forgot to finish my Half Smoke. Almost.
* Richard Cohen does it again, calling Ferguson “the liberal Benghazi.” More about that later.
* Interesting Haberman article on conflicting influences on HRC on education issues.
* The rolling disaster named George Zimmerman now “speaking out” as critic and victim of “Barack Hussein Obama.” Please, George, just get on with your life far away from cameras and tape recorders.
* Dan Coats indicates he’s giving up his Senate seat next year.
* Jason Goldman to become first-ever White House Chief Digital Officer.
And in non-political news:
* All 150 passengers assumed to have perished when German airliner crashed in French Alps.
As we break for lunch, here’s another War hit featuring Lee Oskar on harmonica: “Low Rider.”