Still chuckling at the image evoked in the last post of the president being like some animal who can convince prey to abandon their progeny by laying his scent on their nest. Seriously, this could be a successful strategy for Democrats so long as Obama is in the White House.
Here are some less pungent midday news/views treats:
* Senate Democrats refuse to take bait on budget amendment written by Republicans allegedly representing Obama’s proposals.
* So Great Emerging Scandal on firing of white house florist fizzles when it transpires FLOTUS just didn’t like the way she arranged flowers.
* At TNR, Claire Groden profiles one of the two candidates who actually beat Ted Cruz to the punch in announcing for president: former IRS commissioner Mark Everson.
* Students promoting boycott of Wendy’s over fast-food chain’s refusal to join pact aimed at reducing mistreatment of farm workers.
* Byron York defends the relevance of early presidential polls.
And in non-political news:
* Taco Bell drops “waffle taco” and introduces “biscuit taco.” That’s change I can believe in.
As we break for lunch, here’s Aretha with “Think” as performed on Venezuelan TV in 1968.