I’ll be doing some checking around in Disciples of Christ circles to see how Sharon Watkins’s protest against Mike Pence’s “religious liberty” bill is playing among the faithful, and will report back when I know something.
Here are some remains of the day:
* House clears bipartisan bill fixing “Doc Fix” and extending (by 2 years) CHIP authorization.
* BUT Greg Sargent says there’s no reason to think this will lead to other bipartisan legislative acts.
* New report in Science suggests loss of Antarctic ice is accelerating.
* At Ten Miles Square, Michael O’Hare reports on the “Picketty of 2015,” a meaty book on the economics of digital products.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer wonders why educational technology keeps getting over-sold as solution to problems.
And in non-political news:
* Huge blaze in East Village of New York after possible explosion.
That’s it for Thursday. We’ll close with one more birthday celebrant, Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler, and I’ll go with an early, cheesy song that shows Tyler at, well, his earliest and cheesiest: “Lord of the Thighs.”