Sweet Sixteen starts up tonight. Trying to decide if I care. Probably will root for Wichita State over Notre Dame, and West Virginia over Kentucky. Man, will some couches burn if the ‘Neers somehow win that one!
Here are some less combustible midday news/views snacks:
* Israeli president asks Bibi to form government, but then tells him to clean up damage he’s done to relations with the U.S.
* “Intolerant Jackass Act” ballot initiative offered as counter to California “Shoot the Gays” initiative.
* Paul Waldman thinks conservatives are setting a trap for their own presidential candidates with over-broad “religious liberty” laws they are sure to endorse.
* WaPo’s Alexandra Petri publishes “Open Letter From Galileo to Ted Cruz.”
* Rahm Emanuel suggests renaming one of Chicago’s airports to commemorate Barack Obama. Could this have something to do with his efforts to hang onto black voters?
And in non-political news:
* Seems co-pilot of crashed Germanwings plane locked pilot out of cockpit and steered the plane right into a mountain. No motive discovered yet.
As we break for lunch, here’s another birthday celebrant, Diana Ross, with the Supremes covering the Vanilla Fudge’s “You Keep Me Hanging On” on Hollywood Palace. (Just kidding! I know this was a Supremes song first!).