To the commenter who upbraided me yesterday for disloyalty to the SEC because I was not rooting for the Kentucky Wildcats, I will note they clearly do not need my support. I’ll cheer for them in football (when they are not playing Georgia!).
Here are some Friday midday news/views snacky snackies:
* Reid endorses Schumer to succeed him as Senate Democratic Leader.
* So pretty clear post-9/11 rules on cockpit access made it possible for Germanwings co-pilot to lock out other crew and crash plane.
* Taking into account the high number of “independents” who are really partisans, looks like reaction to “email scandal” as measured by CBS mostly tracks preconceived attitudes towards HRC.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman mocks Jeb Bush for pretending not to be a Times-reading elitist.
* More Paul Waldman at the Plum Line: opposition to payday lender rules shows GOP’s lack of interest in “equal opportunity.”
And in non-political news:
* British magazine ranks Russell Brand fourth on a list of “influential world thinkers,” just ahead of Paul Krugman.
As we break for lunch, here’s Andy Bown performing “Another Shipwreck,” shortly after parting musical ways with Peter Frampton, who got very rich and famous and now does funny commercials.