Tuned into Notre Dame-Kentucky game Saturday with exactly six seconds remaining. Saw the final play, but didn’t have time to get disappointed.
Here are some less dramatic midday news/views treats:
* Steve Konacki offers a good summary of Martin O’Malley’s pre-candidacy, which appears likely to end any day now.
* Tammy Duckworth announces for Senate race against endangered Mark Kirk.
* Carly Fiorina tells Fox News odds of her running for president “over 90%.” I’d say the “less than 10%” would arise if HRC somehow doesn’t run.
* At the Weekly Standard, Jay Cost seems to think it’s worth the effort to talk Glenn Beck out of abandoning the GOP.
* At TNR Danny Vinik calls campaign to talk Elizabeth Warren into race to succeed Harry Reid a “terrible idea.”
And in sorta non-political news:
* Big surprise: Trevor Noah to succeed Jon Stewart at The Daily Show.
As we break for lunch, I’m chuckling at MuddyLee’s idea of a whole week of just Derek and the Dominos tunes. That’s probably excessive. But here is my second-favorite: “Bell Bottom Blues.”