Gotta say, this morning has been as much fun as anything I’ve experienced in politics since watching Mitt Romney try to explain the “47% video.”
Here are some spicy midday news/views treats:
* Watching “religious liberty” crusade unravel, Erick Erickson reduced to shrieking at conservative evangelical millennials for accommodating sodomites, who are just like murderers of Christ.
* Things get farcical in Indiana, when owners of pizzeria announce they won’t be catering any gay weddings. No, I’m sure they won’t.
* Meanwhile, back in Georgia, seems industries protesting now-half-dead “religious liberty” bill (Delta Air Lines, hospitality industry) got punished by Republicans in transportation funding bill.
* ABC/WaPo polling shows new and higher (though not high) floor seems to have been built under Obama’s approval ratings.
* More speculation over possibility administration may stop vetoing UN resolutions outlining terms for Israel-Palestine peace.
And in non-political news:
* Applicant rejected by Duke sends back letter of rejection to the rejection letter.
As we break for lunch, here’s Elvin Bishop’s band with “Fooled Around and Fell In Love,” a song I once heard them play at the Atlanta Municipal Auditorium. Elvin was, oddly enough, the opening act for The Kinks.