It’s always stunning to realize how brief the Beatles Era really was. It dominated my late childhood and early adolescence like an imperial reign.
Here are some more up-to-date news/views items:
* Krugman makes case for Social Security expansion.
* New York Times on Kansas’ direct assault on pre-viability abortions.
* HRC campaign to follow up announcement with “insane” fundraising drive. Way to lower expectations!
* Not quite Ready for Hillary: Polk County (Des Moines) Democratic Party’s annual fundraiser tonight features both Jim Webb and Martin O’Malley.
* At the Prospect, interesting post from Sam Ross-Brown on the politics and ethics of access to water.
And in non-political news:
* Jordan Spieth first-round leader at Masters and kicking butt today through 14 holes.
As we break for lunch, here’s the Lennon song the Beatles refused to record, leaving it for the Plastic Ono Band to release in late 1969: “Cold Turkey.”