Today’s 35 comments may be a record for Lunch Buffet. Remind me next time things get slow we can always provide opportunity for people to warn others away from their towns.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Steve King comes right out and says whole purpose of Obama immigration policies is to import future Democratic voters. Might not be so if you weren’t such a repulsive jerk to them, Steve.
* Remember Ezzat al-Douri, the Ginger Baathist who eluded capture during the Iraq War? Iraqi forces and Shi’a militia claim he’s been killed in Iraq where he was commanding Sunni forces allied to IS.
* Boy, what a week for Jebbie: while defending his actions in Terri Schiavo case, says all Medicare beneficiaries should be required to have end-of-life plan. Death panels! Death panels!
* At Ten Miles Square, Andrew Sabl argues liberalism clearly committed to reducing deployment of arbitrary power.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer suggests lowering costs for students better way to improve completion rate for community colleges than the latest fad, self-esteem training.
And in non-political news:
* NBA playoffs set to begin tomorrow. Very weird to see the Hawks in the top seed for the Eastern Conference.
That’s it for Friday. D.R. Tucker and David Atkins will be in tomorrow for Weekend Blogging. We’ll close with some more Mississippi Fred McDowell, and “Goin’ Down to the River.”