Hope you found some meaningful Earth Day activities. It’s not a perfect planet, but it’s all we have right now.
Here are some remains of the day:
* McConnell makes move to reauthorize Patriot Act until 2020, preempting NSA reform.
* McCain and Graham say they are Dobermans, not lapdogs. Bark bark woof woof.
* You read it here first! Carly Fiorina to launch candidacy on May 4!
* At Ten Miles Square, Seth Masket makes compelling and hilarious point that political scientists have always been know-it-alls, but used to be nobody paid any attention.
* At College Guide, Emmanuel Felton examines the long-range effects of the Common Core testing “opt-out” movement.
And in non-political news:
* JetBlue first, Spirit last, in customer satisfaction among airlines.
That’s it for Wednesday. We’ll close with Charles Mingus’ “Goodbye Pork Pie Hat,” a tribute to Lester Young, as performed at Montreux in 1975.