* As expected, GOP congressional report on Benghazi! won’t be released until well into the election cycle.
* Obama’s quarterly approval ratings by Gallup best since mid-2013. Don’t think he’s becoming George W. Bush after all.
* At TNR, Adam Nathaniel Peck looks up some prominent 2008 PUMAs, and discovers some of them not much into HRC, or the Democratic Party, any more.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman has some fun with Rick Perry’s new soft-focus campaign theme.
* This headline for a Jennifer Rubin post is not, despite what you might think, sarcastic: “John Kasich Unleashed.”
And in non-political news:
* Incredibly, smoking ban in bars implemented in New Orleans. Is nothing sacred?
As we break for lunch, let’s commemorate the great jazz bassist Charles Mingus, who was born on this day in 1922. Here’s his 1959 composition, “Original Faubus Fables,” dedicated to Arkansas’s segregationist governor Orval Faubus.