Sometimes those slow news days don’t look so bad.
Here are some hurried midday news/views snacks:
* Maryland governor Larry Hogan, getting in touch with his inner Spiro Agnew, vows to quell rioting with massive show of National Guard force.
* Ramesh Ponnuru responds to “evangelicals split” reporting out of Iowa by noting majority of Iowa evangelicals voted against Huckabee in 2008 and Santorum in 2012. Good point.
* WaPo’s Robert Barnes heard no clear signals from Kennedy during oral arguments on same-sex marriage today. Chris Geidner of BuzzFeed heard differently, thinks Court ready to make marriage a right for everybody.
* But SCOTUS arguments interrupted by man screaming “Homosexuality is an abomination!” over and over again, audible even after ejected.
* At TNR, Danny Vinik profiles Patty Murray and her deal-making prowess.
And in non-political news:
* Dancing With the Stars shocker!
As we pause for lunch, the discussion of a possible white backlash to protests about police behavior made me think of The Clash’s early tune, “White Riot.”