Ah yes, nothing like a new Christian Right manifesto to get the blood circulating. Like having an electric cattle prod plunged into the morning bathwater.
Here are some less alarming midday news/views treats:
* First quarter GDP growth comes in at very anemic 0.2%, but as with last year, bad weather mostly to blame.
* WND finds Jihadi in Gaza who says Baltimore riots create opening for IS recruitment. Seriously.
* Huck’s presidential announcement tour to be called “Farms, Factories and Freedom.” How about Fast & Furious, not to mention Freedom Fries?
* ABC keeping track of prez hopefuls’ reaction to Baltimore events. So far nobody’s gone over the brink into a George Wallace imitation, but there may be some polling under way.
* Jerry Brown announces new California goal of 40% reduction in 1990 level of greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
And in non-political news:
* PPP finds Iowans love corn less than Wisconsites like cheese.
As we break for lunch, here’s Tommy James & the Shondells with the great erotic anthem of my early adolescence (not that I acted on it): “I Think We’re Alone Now.”