Last year in this space I mentioned a Manfred Mann Earth Band album that was one of the two records I bought to break in my First Real Stereo System. The other was Traffic’s When the Eagle Flies. I really do go back a ways with those guys.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Whoomp, there it is: Jeb Bush confirms he will not attend August 8 Iowa Straw Poll. Nothing ventured, nothing lost.
* Charlie Cook explains relatively good chances of Democratic Senate recapture in 2016.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman argues that politicization is a religion-killer.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo passes along video of Jeb Bush trying to thread the needle on Common Core on Fox.
* At College Guide, Robert Kelchen examines different measurements of state funding for higher education.
And in non-political news:
* Verizon buys AOL for $4.4 billion.
That’s it for Monday. We’ll close with a live 1972 version of Traffic in its high glory, performing “Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys.” The man in the suit has just bought a new car with the profit he’s made from your dreams. Still relevant, I’d say.