Was about to get suckered into caring about the NBA playoffs for the first time in several decades, and then the Hawks lost game 1 of the conference finals at home to LeBron.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Shocker: Bill Kristol still wrong about Iraq!
*Boy Scouts president calls for end to ban on gay adult scout leaders.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman discusses hitherto unexamined parallels between Republican presidential candidate debates and the English Premier League.
* At College Guide, Robert Kelchen argues “overborrowing” isn’t exactly how you should describe the student loan problem.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo notes critics of Anya Kamanetz’s book on educational testing will be happy with NPR’s decision to stop on-air publicity for their hosts’ books.
And in non-political news:
* Domestic violence charges against Ray Rice dismissed after pretrial intervention program.
That’s it for Thursday. We’ll close with Robert Fripp & Brian Eno performing one of their collaborations: “Evensong.”