Today ended with a sprint. Zoom zoom. Hope this doesn’t mean a dreadful next morning with no news. Guess there’s always the exciting Santorum Launch!
Here are some remains of the day:
* Chris Christie endorses Fox News poll-based debate participation cutoff. Yeah, I bet he does; spot on stage about the only thing he has going for him at present.
* At the Atlantic, a handy David Graham backgrounder on the FIFA scandal.
* New EPA water rules drawing attacks from GOPers, agribusiness, home builders which claim it disadvantages them in competition for water.
* At Ten Miles Square, Seth Masket points to data suggesting congressional Democrats now more ideologically cohesive than congressional Republicans.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer not optimistic about new bipartisan legislation forcing colleges to give entering students info on its educational outcomes.
And in sorta non-political news:
* FIFA going ahead with presidential election tomorrow despite indictments flying everywhere. Who knew FIFA had a presidential election?
That’s it for Wednesday. Let’s close with perhaps the most famous Crowded House tune, the ever-infectious “Don’t Dream It’s Over,” from their farewell tour in 1996.