First time I knowingly heard Howlin’ Wolf was during a trip to a high school honors convention in downtown Atlanta. Smoked cigarettes, drank some bad hooch, read a copy of Muhammad Speaks, and heard Howlin’ Wolf. Quite the weekend.
Here are some less experimental midday news/views treats:
* Unsurprisingly, NH Republicans send letter to Fox News and CNN asking them to change rules for participation in the first two debates, create two debates with candidates randomly assigned. Next step will be early state pressure on candidates to join their protest.
* “Buzzfeed Benny” Johnson’s disgrace over plagiarism sure didn’t last long; he’s now “content director” for major conservative site.
* At the Atlantic, Hannah Rosin profiles “the mysterious Columba Bush.”
* Hard to say if Team Ted Cruz claim it’s pursuing a late-states strategy reflects shrewdness or rationalization of early-states problems.
* Unhappiness back home with Scott Walker’s priorities extends to GOP legislators who are gutting his budget proposals.
And in non-political news:
* AT&T Park in San Francisco tops list of best MLB stadiums; Tampa’s Tropicana Field is last.
As we pause for lunch, here’s another Newport Folk Festival clip of Howlin’ Wolf, performing “If You Hear Me Howlin.’”