I never paid any attention to ZZ Top until I became a blues aficionado and realized that a lot of their stuff–especially in their early days–was just blues tribute music with a grit-hippie patina. So it’s kinda fun to rediscover songs like the one at the bottom of this page.
Here are some midday news/views snacks to go with the music:
* Boehner and Obama administration figures appear upbeat about passing TPA in House on Friday. Pelosi still non-committal about her own vote.
* Sen. Johnny Isakson of Georgia, who is 70, discloses he has Parkinson’s Disease but is still running for reelection next year.
* Jeb Bush didn’t exactly wow a conservative audience in Berlin.
* Budget deficit drops to lowest level since before Obama became president.
* HRC working closely with people close to Elizabeth Warren on student loan reform initiative.
And in non-political news:
* Hollywood’s go-to villain, Christopher Lee, dies at 93.
As we break for lunch, here’s ZZ Top performing “My Head’s in Mississippi” at Montreux.