Still upset about the Straw Poll news. Too bummed to plan a pilgrimage to Boone to visit the tombstone.
Here are some less grumpy midday news/views snacks, which I will serve as I consume a leftover muffaletta, the first decent one I’ve ever eaten outside New Orleans.
* Obama goes to Hill to lobby for fast-track, gets real personal about it.
* As Greg Sargent predicted, fast-track might lose because anti-trade liberals decided to kill Trade Adjustment Assistance to remove a rationale for other Democrats to vote for TPA and TPP.
* Breaking: Pelosi has announced her opposition to TPA.
* Louisiana legislature bends at last minute to Bobby Jindal’s and Grover Norquist’s demands, pass budget with phony tax credit to avoid “tax increase.” Disgusting.
* At the Prospect, Adele Stan wades into the muddy waters of dark money support for Scott Walker’s rise in Wisconsin.
And in non-political news:
* An important ontological question: Is Pizza Hut’s new “hot dog pizza” really a “pizza?”
As we break for lunch, here’s a 1986 music video of “Elektric City” from Chick Corea’s Elektric Band.