So now that we’re all happily humming “Nixon Now!” and feeling better about everything, here are some midday news/views snacks:
* HRC rolls out a new proposal based on an old idea for attacking youth unemployment by subsidizing apprenticeships.
* New national poll from PPP has Walker, Bush and Rubio leading GOP field, but w/ Bush still suffering from underwater GOP approval ratings, and HRC romping over all her rivals with 65%, and leading all GOP candidates in general election trials.
* Colorado Supreme Court upholds firing of employee for marijuana use (not on the job) despite medical prescription and the state’s legalization of pot on grounds that federal law still makes it “unlawful.”
* Well, one person’s happy that Donald Trump’s running: Sarah Palin, who gives him a full word salad of a welcome to the field!
* Brother Benen stares at the budget gimmick Louisiana Republicans came up with to satisfy Bobby Jindal and Grove Norquist and concludes: “I’ve seen plenty of budget shenanigans in plenty of states – some blue, some red – but I don’t think I’ve ever even heard of something quite as farcical as this.”
And in non-political news:
* AT&T fined $100 million for slowing down internet speeds of “unlimited data” customers.
As we break for lunch, let’s get back to some fabulous covers. Here’s Tom Jones covering Prince’s “Kiss.”