I’ve gotten a little spoiled the last week, but man, the news just dried up instantly this afternoon. That’s why I found myself staring at a fiery defense of Bristol Palin. It was that or taking Donald Trump seriously.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Guess it takes one to know one: Paul LePage endorses Chris Christie.
* HRC’s campaign goes right at the Benghazi! Committee in a new video calling it a “charade.”
* At the Daily Beast, Olivia Nuzzi wonders if the abrasive social media presence “Libertarian Girl” will cause trouble for Rand Paul now that she’s working for him.
* At College Guide, Stephen Burd looks at effort in Newark to lift long-struggling college attainment rates.
* At Republic 3.0 Anne Kim discusses new Kamarck/Galston report from Brookings on corporate myopia about doing anything with profits other than rewarding shareholders and executives.
And in non-political news:
* With skill and some luck, the U.S. women’s soccer team beat Germany and moved into the World Cup finals.
That’s it for Wednesday. We’ll close with a Delaney & Bonnie & Friends performance I’ve posted before, but it’s worth a second or third look: “Coming Home,” from a gig in Copenhagen late in 1969.