Kudos to Martin Longman for putting up that photo of John Kerry wind-surfing in the highlighter box to support my post on the Iran nuclear deal. Hilarious and apt.
Here are some windy-surfy midday news/views snacks:
* So I guess all those policy briefings Scott Walker’s been receiving paid off today, as he attacked the Iran Nuke Deal as part of the failed “Obama-Clinton doctrine.”
* At the Upshot, Kim Soffen says it won’t be easy for Florida legislators to draw congressional map that’s less favorable to Republicans, even if they want to.
* Katrina vanden Heuvel has an interesting idea for exposing dark-money contributions: requiring disclosure by federal contractors.
* Jennifer Rubin’s on a roll today. Fresh from her this-changes-everything-forever freakout over the Iran Nuclear Deal, she goes on to say “Republicans need to treat university presidents the way Democrats treat oil company CEOs.”
* Trump’s financial hit from companies cutting ties with him over immigration comments estimated at $50-80 million. The free advertising to nativists, though: priceless!
And in non-political news:
* Study suggests cussin’ can affect climb up the corporate ladder. Kinda depends on the corporation, doesn’t it?
As we break for lunch, here’s Woody Guthrie’s famous song about California, “Do Re Mi.” Still pretty good advice.