I’m pleased to announce that you can now listen or subscribe to our weekly WaMo podcast (the audio from our BloggingheadsTV show) via iTunes. Just click here. I prefer the audio podcast version where I don’t have to look at myself fidgeting.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Demagogue alert: Rand Paul mulling bid to hold highway bill hostage to antichoice demands to defund Planned Parenthood. Dig that, Kool Kids libertarians?
* Interesting summary of Cruz SuperPAC presentation on his “path to victory” in the primaries: “The calendar leans SOUTH. The calendar leans RIGHT. The calendar leans CRUZ.” Don’t have to shout about it.
* Fascinating Wonkblog analysis of the use of man-made infrastructure to segregate cities.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer argues shortage of women pursuing MBAs is logical since they get smaller ROI in salaries.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo runs through coverage of No Child Left Behind reauthorization fight, which just cleared the Senate.
And in non-political news:
* Another locally popular gay pastor forced out of pulpit by hierarchy of United Methodist Church, the big mainline Protestant holdout against LGBT equality.
That’s it for Friday. Nancy LeTourneau will be in for Weekend Blogging tomorrow. Let’s close with a Peppermint Harris tune that features some really nice slide guitar and harmonica, plus references to baked biscuits: “Penthouse in the Ghetto.”