Assigned myself a crazy difficult topic for my TPMCafe column due this afternoon, so the schedule could get a little hinkey.
Here are some scheduled and unscheduled midday news/views treats:
* Whoa: Trump calls Lindsey Graham a “lightweight” and an “idiot,” and then doxxes him by giving out what he said was Graham’s cell phone number.
* As expected, there’s a new Planned Parenthood “sting” video out showing supposed discussion of sales price of fetal tissue (or as Breitbart puts it of course, “baby parts.”
* Percentage of U.S. children living in poverty rises to 22% despite end of Great Recession.
* Though as is often the case with her columns there’s a bit of headline/body disconnect, Elizabeth Stoker Bruenig seems to have a higher opinion of John Kasich’s political potential than most of us due to his authentically religious approach to issues.
* At the Plum Line, Paul Waldman contrasts Kasich’s emphasis on his Washington experience with Jeb Bush’s latest anti-Washington gesture.
And in non-political news:
* Miss Piggy records her version of Rihanna’s “BBHMM.”
As we break for lunch, here’s Floyd Jones performing “On the Road Again,” which was loosely the basis for the Canned Heat hit in the late 1960s.