Ah yes, it’s getting to be time for wedding planners in the South to really focus on which Saturdays in the fall they must avoid.
Here are some pre-autumnal midday news/views concession stand treats:
* Jeb Bush continues to play with fire on phasing out Medicare.
* Tom Cotton compares John Kerry to Pontius Pilate. I guess the Judas role is saved for Obama.
* Idea bruited about at RGA meeting for candidate boycott of debates that include Trump is going nowhere.
* At the Prospect, Mark Huelsman exposes the targeting of minority students by predatory for-profit colleges.
* At the Atlantic, Russell Berman looks into the weird saga of Paul LePage’s feckless deployment of vetoes, now hanging fire in court.
And in non-political news:
* Hope for El Nino-generated rain moves north in California, could reach reservoirs.
As we break for lunch, here’s Depeche Mode performing “Enjoy the Silence” in Milan in 2006.