Got tied up this afternoon with a TPMCafe column that I thought would be a snap, about why Mike Huckabee is addicted to Holocaust analogies. Wound up down in the conceptual murk of Christian Right madness, and it took a good while to get out.
Here are some remains of the day:
* McKay Coppins takes us inside the bizarre world of Donald Trump’s inner circle.
* Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard to be released on parole in November.
* At Ten Miles Square, James Wimberly reports on the working drafts that may lead to the upcoming Paris climate agreement.
* At College Guide, Kirk Carapezza discusses the relative value of elite pre-college summer programs.
* At Republic 3.0, Anne Kim documents the slow-but-steady conquest of “young invincibles” by Obamacare.
And in non-political news:
* NFL upholds Tom Brady’s four-game suspension punishment for “Deflategate.”
That’s it for Tuesday. Let’s close with one more Junior Kimbrough tune, from the documentary Deep Blues: “All Night Long.”