Don’t know about you, but I intend to have a fully Republican-candidate-free, Fox-News-free weekend. If that means binge-watching bad TV shows, so be it.
Here are some end-of-the-week midday news/views snacks:
* Iowa unions very annoyed with HRC’s refusal to take a position on TPP.
* Overnight ratings suggest Fox News official candidate debate more than doubled previous high or this kind of event, God help us.
* Lindsey Graham defends Trump against “a ten-minute question that describes him as the biggest bastard on the planet.”
* Nate Silver confidently predicts Trump won’t win a war with Fox News among conservatives, who love them some Fox.
* At the Atlantic, David Graham notes the GOP’s efforts to consign the Voting Rights Act strictly to the history books on grounds that voting discrimination is no longer a problem. Yeah, right.
And in sorta non-political news:
* North Korea delinks its time zones from Japan’s.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Magic Slim, with “I Don’t Want No Woman,” performed in Sweden in 1982.