We taped a BloggingheadsTV/Podcast this morning (our fine weekend blogger David Atkins was the guest) that went on for over 50 minutes, so we’ll be a post short today.
Here are some August midday news/views snacks fresh from the fridge:
* HRC releases a college affordability plan. More about that later.
* Another police shooting in Ferguson.
* Bernie Sanders continues to pack ’em in at events: 28,000 in Bernie-friendly Portland.
* Strangely enough, Trump may appear on Hannity tonight. Maybe he’s offering a no-indie pledge in exchange for access to Fair and Balanced coverage, not to mention future RNC debates–or maybe not.
* Sexual violence becoming endemic in South Sudan’s civil war.
And in non-political news:
* Mysterious fungus threatening to make rattlesnakes endangered in eastern states.
As we break for lunch, here’s Jethro Tull performing “My God,” probably the most influential song from the seminal album Aqualung, at the Isle of Wight festival in 1970. Not the deepest theology, but pretty good for 20-something rock-and-rollers, plus quite the solo featuring Anderson’s unique flute-gasp-sing-flute stylings.