It’s Monday, which means the weekly taping of a BloggingheadsTV video/podcast episode. With Paul Glastris on vacation, I was very pleased to have former WaMo editor and long-time friend Steve Waldman on as guest co-host. But we had some technical difficulties at Steve’s end, and couldn’t use Skype, so blah blah blah it took up half the morning! I think we did wind up with a pretty good show after all, but it sure made for a late Lunch.
Here are some reheated midday news/views treats:
* HHS officially responds to Sens. Joni Ernst and Roy Blunt by concluding the sting videos of Planned Parenthood do not demonstrate violations of the federal law involving fetal tissue sales.
* NLRB rules Northwestern football players cannot form a union on grounds it would upset CFB’s competitive balance.
* Here we go: Bush Super-PAC buys $10 million in ad time for September in early-state markets. These will allegedly be positive ads; the nastiness will come soon enough.
* At the Plum Line, Paul Waldman knocks down virtually all of the props of the “Hillary crashing!” meme.
* At TNR, Brian Beutler notes that Jeb’s incessant happy talk about Iraq war reinforces impression he wants another war with Iran.
And in non-political news:
* Meteorologists delaying El Nino arrival date heightening fears for a big California wildfire season in the fall.
As we break for lunch, here’s another less-famous Woodstock performance: Melanie (remember her?) with “Birthday of the Sun.”