While it’s good to be back on Eastern Time for a weekend of seeing family, it’s also surreal to see how insane the summer weather seems to have become on the seabord: apocalyptic storms popping up almost everywhere. But no, there’s no such thing as climate change.
Here are some stormy midday news/views treats:
* Speaking of weather and climate change, TNR’s Rebecca Leber urges Obama to stop denying individual events may be attributed to climate change.
* British Labour Party leadership candidate Andy Burnham hints at legal challenge to election on grounds that Tory “infiltrators” are backing Jeremy Corbyn to sabotage Labour. Balloting is scheduled to end on September 10.
* Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY), who represents what might be the largest Jewish constituency in Congress, comes out in favor of Iran Nuke Deal. He ain’t ‘fraid of no AIPAC.
* At the Prospect, Nathalie Baptiste suggests the kind of pressure @BlackLivesMatter placed on Bernie Sanders might be beneificial to those who’d like to see him more prominently address reproductive rights issues.
And in non-political news:
* Halloween firm creating storm with plans to feature Caitlyn Jenner costumes.
As we break for lunch, here’s The Clash with “Washington Bullets,” from Sandinista, with a first-rate slideshow.