If there are any typos in this post, it’s probably because I am bouncing along Highway 101 in a shuttle bus that apparently does not have shock absorbers. I’d say the decade or so that the State of California stopped making road repairs probably contributed to the rough ride.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Most epic concern trolling in many a year: Pat Caddell and Dough Schoen with “Schumer May Save the Democratic Party.”
* Ted Cruz boasts support from 2014’s unsuccessful right-wing Senate challengers.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys explains the coalition of Old Labour holdouts and young insurgents lifting Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership bid in the UK.
* Also at Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman offers his take on Donald Trump’s trip to the place where old times there are not forgotten.
* At College Guide, Kirk Carapezza discusses the growing mismatch between tenured faculty reluctant to retire and actual instructional needs.
And in non-political news:
* Preseason AP CFB poll showing Ohio State sweeping first-place votes but 8 SEC teams in the top 25
That’s it for Monday. We’ll close with an appropriate Capaldi lyric from Traffic’s Shootout at the Fantasy Factory: “Evening Blue.”