Nice to be back home where the high temperature is 70 and the only thunder is from the waves.
Here are some remains of the day:
* White House spox says Obama being “a little flip” by referring to certain Republican congress-critters as “crazies.” I thought it was a clinical diagnosis.
* Eventually tainted products lose market share: Jeb Bush fundraising juggernaut losing steam.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jim Sleeper offers a meditation on the three U.S. Marines who thwarted a terrorist on a French train–and the forces that shaped the incident.
* At College Guide, Emmanuel Felton discusses use of Big Data by college admissions offices to predict student success.
* At The Grade, Alexander Russo examines the battle over an op-ed on New Orleans school reforms at the New York Times.
And in non-political news:
* U.S. stocks tank again after big Tuesday rally.
That’s it for Tuesday. We’ll close with one more early Elvis Costello performance: “Waiting For the End of the World,” in 1978 in New Jersey.