One week away from FBS college football. Getting ready for those West Coast breakfast tailgates on Saturdays.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Have to chuckle at Matt Yglesias commentary on Q-PAC poll showing HRC beating everybody in both parties being covered as Clinton disaster.
* The Trump/Cruz lovefest continues, as the two candidates announce joint appearance to denounce Iran Nuke Deal.
* At Ten Miles Square, Seth Masket not real impressed by Colorado GOP decision not to hold presidential preference contest.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses the next, positive steps for those who oppose standardized testing as a measure of educational achievement.
* Also at College Guide, Robert Kelchen discusses share-of-income agreements as a different form of income-contingent student loan repayment plans.
And in non-political news:
* The adolescents of Wall Street continue to baffle, registering largest two-day gain in the Dow Jones index since 2008.
That’s it for Thursday. Let’s close with Lester Young “Jammin’ the Blues” in 1944. Marie Bryant is on vocals. Gotta love how the credits roll over what turns out to be Prez’ famous pork pie hat.