You may be used to this sufficiently now that I don’t have to mention it going forward, but the taping of a BloggingheadsTV video/podcast this morning (with NAF’s Kevin Carey as the guest in a “back to school” episode) took an hour of my morning and a blog post away. But it’s not like news items were burning a hole in my pocket.
Here are some warm-if-not-hot midday news/views snacks:
* New Monmouth poll of Iowa shows Trump and Carson with big lead over field at 23%, Fiorina third, Cruz fourth. Most devastating results for The Establishment yet.
* Unintentionally hilarious Ben Shapiro piece claims Obama renaming Alaska mountain because anti-colonialism. Dude, Alaskans wanted this!
* Paul Krugman has some fun with with fading credentials of GOP presidentials, who make Trump look good by comparison.
* At the Plum Line, Paul Waldman takes a look at Dick Cheney’s new book, and concludes the current GOP presidential candidates, with the possible exception of Lindsey Graham, are really wimps at warmongering.
* Orange County Register is upset Lois Lerner not behind bars.
And in non-political news:
* Federal judge to decide Tom Brady’s appeal of “Deflategate” suspension.
As we break for lunch, here’s one of my own favorite Van Morrison songs, performed in Belfast in 1979, “St. Dominic’s Preview.”