I’ve made an executive decision not to go wading into the released HRC emails until a few days have gone by and we have some sense of perspective about the content. In the meantime, I’ll just have to remain relatively, and blissfully, ignorant about who was sucking up most to HRC via this particular medium.
Here are some far less murky midday news/views treats:
* New PPP national poll shows Trump and Carson leading, just like all the other recent surveys. 66% of Trump supporters believe Obama is a Muslim. 61% believe Obama was born in another country.
* PPP also shows HRC maintaining 35 point lead over Sanders despite slightly eroding favorability ratios. But then PPP doesn’t include Biden in these surveys.
* Pope Francis says that during next year’s “Jubilee,” or “Holy Year of Mercy,” parish priests, not just bishops, will be empowered to forgive women who have abortions. A kinder if not gentler patriarchy, it seems.
* In Jennifer Rubin’s post about the “grownup vacuum” in the GOP prez field, hard to miss the unspoken pining for Mitt Romney, isn’t it?
And in non-political news:
* Bad economic data from China sends Dow on new plunge.
As we pause for lunch, here’s Archie Bell and the Drells with a 1969 hit, “Here I Go Again.” It’s the rare R&B song with a sitar.